April Foodie Pen Pals

Last month I read a post from fellow local blogger, Jen is Green, about a foodie pen pal program. It sounded like fun, and I decided to give it a try. You can read about the specifics of the program here. Now I don't usually like the word "foodie" and what it implies, but in this case I'll get over it.

Check out what I sent to Aly in Wisconsin here. It included croutons I got from the April Food Swap, and the Tuesdays with Dorie lemon loaf cake I made.

Amanda from Albuquerque, New Mexico sent me some great stuff. I have never been there, so it was a taste of an unknown area of the country for me. Check out what I received.


Her theme that she came up with was "picnic". It was a great theme, and I love the Southwest representation with all the spicy foods. Here are little snacks we made out of the spicy summer sausage, jalapeno jack cheese, and savory crackers which had a bit of chili in them.


I think most things were from World Market, which is really cool since I loved wandering around that store in Portland, Oregon on our honeymoon, but we don't have that store here. It is fun to get foods from around the country, but it is even more fun to interact with people from other regions that you would most likely have no other reason to interact with. I think it is also a good way to be exposed to new blogs. Check out what other pen pals got each other here. You should join too! It is really fun.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TWD, Baking with Julia: Pizza Rustica

French food at Chez Nous, Schenectady

Boca Bistro Bachelorette Party