Cool Girl's Christmas Gift Guide

 This is mostly for my mom. I thought maybe it would help out other people to type it here.


  • Mrs. Anderson's Baking Ceramic Pie Weights - fabulous for making tarts and quiches and way less messy than trying to make your own with rice and beans and foil. Also, clean up very easily.
  • I would love to take a bread making class at King Arthur's Flour in Vermont, but the classes are kind of expensive.
  • Wine cork kits from Wine Enthusiast - we have the oval trivet one and we love it. It is fun to preserve your memories of drinking wine, and they look cool I think. Also, you can always use another trivet (would love another oval one).
  • When I was 21 I got a Pier one papasan chair for my birthday. Then I moved to NYC, and never got to bring my chair with me. Finally, this labor day I drove home and was able to bring it back. Problem was the pets had lived all over the cushion, and my husband is allergic to dogs, so now I need a new cushion
  • I'd like this label saver and journal so I can keep track of all the wines I have tried. 
  • Wine barrel lazy susan. Very cool.
  • This is a great website, and I have wanted the Cleopatra bust for years. I have the Voltaire as featured in this post. I love most things on there, especially the busts.
Other than that, I think it is nice to get people gifts that could be an experience. Or clothing gift cards - it is very hard to go wrong with that and for people who might not normally buy clothes for themselves I don't think it is impersonal - I think it is nice because it is partially the gift of a guilt-free shopping experience as well as the clothes.

Comments

  1. I have a couple of the wine corkboards. I love them. They are also pretty easy to make with just a frame and either a piece of heavy, stiff cardboard or very thin wood.

    I bought my dad the Wine Enthusiast coaster kit last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah the coaster kit looks cool! do you use the corkboards like bulletin boards? Maybe I should just try to make them - I do have quite a cork collection at this point.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TWD, Baking with Julia: Pizza Rustica

French food at Chez Nous, Schenectady

Boca Bistro Bachelorette Party